Monday, May 23, 2011

So far so good.

We spent the first day on a short visit with my 90 yr old Aunt Helen in Orlando and then on to Ponte Vedra, FL. We parked in our friend, Roger's, driveway. I know his neighbors were appalled when they saw us in our pajamas hanging out drinking coffee in the driveway this am.
He will be the talk of his block. They are probably thankful it was for one night.
We shorted out the a/c and I went into panic mode thinking I would have no a/c last night. It was only for a moment!
On the road to Charleston after a little beach time. Ponte Vedra is beautiful and it was so nice to hear the waves. I miss the East Coast.

Stopped at the welcome center in Georgia and did the lunch in the trailer and then ran over to the picnic area to play BUT some people do not clean up after their dogs so we had to play on the concrete instead. There were not signs to pick up after dogs but isn't it a given these days?

After a sloooooowwwww drive we finally made it to Charleston. The trailer makes driving fast impossible with the weight. At least we won't be getting speeding tickets this trip. We figured out our gas mileage is between 9 and 10 mpg. OUCH. I downloaded the GasBuddy app on my phone so it helps find the deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunset at Thousand Islands

Sunset at Thousand Islands
Wellesley Island, NY